ITEMS NEEDED FOR THE FESTIVAL APPLICATION PROCESS
Vendors who market food, rides and face painting must have their insurance agent mail or fax a Certificate of Insurance showing current liability insurance coverage before space can be confirmed. The Certificate of Insurance must name the Inside Out Center, Inc. and Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival as an Additional Insured.Inside Out Center, Inc. 4480 S. Cobb Drive; Suite H479, Smyrna GA 30080
Food vendors are required to have a Comprehensive General Liability policy with liability limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate. Vendor agrees to keep the required insurance coverage and licenses active and displayed in their booths at all times during the Festival.
All Food and Drink vendors must provide Inside Out Center, Inc with a copy of a current Cobb County temporary food permit prior to the event. Download permit application here.
Inside Out Center, Inc. retains the right to reject any vendor application.
ATLANTA FOOD FESTIVAL TERMS OF CONTRACT
1. STORAGE OF MATERIALS during the Atlanta Food Festival must be confined within the area assigned to you. Plan for storage within your area when designing the configuration of your booth area.
2. CANOPIES may be anchored by cinder -blocks or sandbags only. No ground stakes are permitted.
3. CONDUCT: NO VENDORS OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES shall conduct themselves in a manner offensive to general standards of decency or good taste. The Board of Directors reserves the right to screen all booths and exclude inappropriate items. In the event of inappropriate behavior, the booth will be forced to close and all fees will be forfeited.
4. CLEAN UP: WHEN VACATED, booth space must be left clear of paper, packing materials and other refuse. Do not discard cartons or packing materials anywhere in the festival area. These items must be stored in your vehicle and taken with you upon departure. Vendor is responsible for bringing appropriate containers for disposal and removal of such disposables. ALL GREASE MUST BE PROPERLY DISCARDED AND REMOVED FROM THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS BY THE VENDOR AND NOT INTO THE FESTIVAL’S DUMPSTER. Booths must be clear of all soot, grease, and debris at the conclusion of the event. Any booths found to be left unclean by the vendor will incur a $100 cleaning fee. Any food vendor found dumping grease on the ground or any other area on the event property will bear the responsibility of cleaning and payment for any damage caused. Not adhering to this policy will result in being banned from future events
5. VENDOR SET-UP may begin at 8:00am on Saturday. All booths must be fully set up and operational by 11:00 a.m. and remain open until 6 p.m. All food vendors must be completely set up for inspection no later than 60 minutes prior to the start of the event. All vehicles must be removed from the set-up two hours prior to the start of the event and must use assigned parking area/space
6. PROOF OF INSURANCE must be provided by each food vendor. Each vendor must ask his insurance agent/company to provide the Inside Out Center, Inc with a Certificate of Insurance naming the Inside Out Center, Inc. and The Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival as an Additional Insured. Vendors are expected to carry their own insurance coverage to protect their merchandise from damage, loss, or theft incurred while participating in the Atlanta Food Festival. No insurance or guard services will be supplied by the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival. Participation in the Atlanta Food Festival is at the vendor’s own risk. In the event of bad weather, there will be NO refunds.
7. MENU ITEMS/ PROMOTIONAL ITEMS: Only items on the approved menu will be allowed for sale at the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival. Food vendors may not sell non-food items.
8. SMOKING is NOT allowed on Jim Miller Park grounds.
9. EMPLOYEES: All persons, companies or organizations renting booth/concession space do so as independent contractors and not as employees or agents of the Festival or its management herein, and as such assume all responsibility for withholding taxes, Social Security, State taxes, Public liability and Worker’s Compensation Insurance and also assume responsibility for insurance coverage to, from and during the Festival and for accident or injury to himself and/or his equipment.
10. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: Each food vendor is required to have a properly tagged and working 2A, 20 B:C portable fire extinguisher or K-Type fire extinguisher if deep frying. Failure to have proper fire extinguishers could result in the immediate closure of the food vendor’s operation at the food vendor’s sole expense.
11. EXTENSION CORDS: If you are requiring electricity, you must provide us with a 100 foot, three wire, grounded electrical extension cord of wire gauge adequate for your electrical appliance usage
12. MANNING THE BOOTH: Vendors shall have at least one person running the booth at all times except persons who are running a booth alone and who may only leave their booth to use the restroom. Abuse of this rule will result in removal of your booth and forfeiture of your fees.
13. GLASS: Items may not be served in a glass container of any kind.
14. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: Vendors will NOT be allowed to serve or sell alcoholic beverages of any kind.
15. NON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: Only designated beverages sponsors are allowed to serve nonalcoholic beverages.
16. FOOD PREPARATION: The majority of food preparation should take place at the food vendors’ normal place of business. Food vendors must supply all food-service equipment necessary for the operation of their respective booths. Service equipment must be in good working order. Demonstrations are encouraged but must be confined to the booth space.
17. SUPPLIES: Food vendors must obtain all of their own supplies and sanitary eating utensils. Vendors may not contact any ready-to-eat food with their bare hands immediately prior to service and MUST use suitable utensils such as deli tissue, spatulas, tongs, single-use gloves or dispensing equipment.
18. WASH BINS: Food vendors that are handling raw meat, you are required to bring your own "wash bins" for sanitation in your tent. Not adhering to this policy will result in being banned from future events.
19. LOAD OUT: Vendors must be off of the Park premises by 10 pm. No items can be left on the property.
20. TAXES: Vendors are responsible for any Georgia Sales Tax and any required local vending licenses.
21. GROUND COVERS: All food vendors are expected to provide ground cover inside their booth for the absorption of grease. No food vendor will be allowed to open for business if the ground cover is not in place.
22. WEATHER: Vendor shall be prepared to continue vending from the allocated space in the event of rain. Bring appropriate coverage. If weather becomes too inclement to operate vending booths, Inside Out Center, Inc. will be responsible for making final determination of continuance of the Food Festival. There is no alternative location and no refunds will be issued.
23. NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS: The Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival and its organizers do not warrant or guarantee any particular results of the festival, nor does it guarantee a particular number of attendees or exhibitors. All vendor fees are NONREFUNDABLE.
24. NOVELTY ITEMS: No novelty or inappropriate items are to be sold.
25. RAFFLES: No raffles in exchange for money may be held, but booth prizes given away at random for no money purchase are allowed.
26. OPEN FIRES: Vendors who are cooking products at the festival with open fire, cooking flame, or grease producing appliances, etc. must cook and/or keep their fire, flames, etc. at the back of the tent. All vendors who have any open flame appliance and/or apparatus must have a flame retardant treated canopy. You must state on your application that you will have an open fire.
27. GENERATORS: Fuel for generators must be kept away from heat producing appliances and in a secure place. Vendors using generators: Generators must be kept behind your space. All vendors with generators must have a fire extinguisher.
Through submission of application materials and Vendor’s signing of this Agreement online or paper, Vendor agrees to hold the Atlanta Food Festival, Inc. its Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and The Inside Out Center, Inc harmless for any and all losses, expenses, demands and claims against the Atlanta Food Festival, and Inside Out Center, Inc sustained or alleged to have been in any way related or connected to the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival. Vendor also agrees and acknowledges that the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival, and Inside Out Center, Inc its Board of Directors, staff, volunteers or Cobb County Parks, are not responsible in any way for any personal injury, illness, property damage or loss of property that may occur during the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival. Vendor agrees, acknowledges and further certifies that the Vendor and Vendor’s property, equipment, and vehicles are properly insured for any and all losses incurred, and or damages caused, by Vendor or any other party. This document includes all components of the agreement of the parties and is fully incorporated herein. The Application materials provided by the vendor to the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival, and Inside Out Center, Inc. shall be incorporated herein by reference. No other promises made prior to the execution of this agreement have been omitted from this document. The parties may mutually agree to modify this agreement; however such modification shall only be binding upon the parties by signed written agreement. No oral modification or agreement outside the scope of this agreement shall be binding upon either party. The Vendor is an independent operator, and through this agreement no agency, partnership or joint venture relationship is created with the Atlanta Back 2 School Food Festival, and Inside Out Center, Inc. The Vendor, its owners, employees, or other agents shall not represent themselves as representatives of the Atlanta Food Festival, and Inside Out Center, Inc. Vendor shall not enter into any contract or other agreement which would cause Atlanta Back 2 School ood Festival and Inside Out Center, Inc, to be liable in any way with any other party, including, but not limited to, manufacturers, Vendors, or other suppliers, etc. Vendor shall hold Atlanta Food Festival and Inside Out Center, Inc harmless from any cost or any other liability it may incur with the production of merchandise. The Atlanta Food Festival and Inside Out Center, Inc. Inc makes no representation nor guarantees regarding actual festival attendance, nor makes any representation of potential financial success or failure.